The world is growing more and more advanced with new Technologies and Inventions. Defense is the most prime sector of any country. Each country has three defense categories, such as Air, Land, and Marine means Navy. Among all of them, Missiles are one of the most under development and Advanced defense system.
Now I am discussing the top 10 most advanced and powerful missiles in the world. Let us discuss one by one respectively
1) DF-5: 15,000 km:- DF-5 is a series of powerful ICBM from China. The nuclear-powered missile can be deployed anywhere on the earth from China.
Country: China, Manufacturer: Capital Astronautics Co., Unit Cost: ~US$ 20 million, Range: 15,000 km, Accuracy: 800 m, Speed: 26,950 km/h
2) M51 SLBM: 10,000:- M51 is considered as the most powerful Continental Submarine Ballistic Missile. This is deployed with the French Navy.
Country: France, Manufacturer: ArianeGroup, Unit Cost: US$ 40 Million, Range: 10,000 km, Accuracy: 200 m, Speed: 30,870 km/h
3) Agni 5: 8,000 km:- It is the most advanced system which has various new technologies incorporated in it in terms of navigation and guidance, warhead and engine. The high accuracy Ring Laser Gyro based Inertial Navigation System (RINS) and the most modern and accurate Micro Navigation System (MINS) ensures that the missile reaches the target point within few minutes
Country: India, Manufacturer: Bharat Dynamics Limited, Unit Cost: US$ 7 million, Range: 8,000 km, Accuracy: 10-80 m, Speed: 29,600 km/h
4) RS-28 Sarmat: 10,900 km:– RS-28 is a heavy Inter-Continental Ballistic missile developed by Russia and used by Russian Strategic Missile Troops. The missile is equipped with systems that can confuse enemy missile defense systems.
Country: Russia, Manufacturer: KrasMash, Zlatous MZ, NPO Energomash, NPO Mashinostroyeniya, KBKhA, Unit Cost: Classified, Range: 10,000 km, Accuracy: 10 m, Speed: 25,000 km/h
5) Jericho 3: 11,500 km:- It is the most powerful version of nuclear-armed from Israel that entered into service in the year of 2011. This nuclear missile is capable of hitting targets anywhere in the Middle East, Africa, the whole of Asia, Europe and parts of North America and South America
Country: Israel, Manufacturer: Based In “Zacharia,” Unit Cost: US$ 25 Million, Range: 11,500 km, Accuracy: Classified, Speed: Classified
6) UGM-133 Trident 2: 12,000 km:- This missile is a submarine-launched ballistic missile. It built by Lockheed Martin Space Systems and is used by the U.S and Royal Navy of the U.K. It can carry multiple nuclear warheads.
Country: United States, Manufacturer: Lockheed Martin Space Systems, Unit COst: US$72 Million, Range: 12,000 km, Accuracy: 90 m, Speed: 29,020 km/h
7) Dongfeng-41: 15,000 km:- DF-41 is China’s most powerful nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile. This is capable of hitting any parts of the United States from China.
Country: China, Manufacturer: China Academy of Launch Vehicle, Technology (CALT), Unit Cost: US$ 20 Million, Range: 15000 km, Accuracy: 100-500m, Speed: 30,626 km/h
8) RS-24 Yars: 11,000 km:- It is nuclear solid-fueled road-mobile intercontinental Ballistic Missile.
Country: Russia, Manufacturer: Votkinsk Machine-Building Plant, Range: 12000 km, Accuracy: 150-250 m, Speed: 24,500 km/h
9) LGM-30G Minutemen-3: 13,000 km:- This missile can carry up to 3 different nuclear warheads that can target separate locations. It is the only land-based intercontinental ballistic missile in the U.S right now
Country: USA, Manufacturer Boeing, Unit cost: US$7 Million, Range: 13,000 Km, Accuracy: 660 feet (200 m), Speed: 28,400 km/h
10) R-36M2: 10,200-16,000 km:- The R-36 is a series of Russian ICBMs and space launch vehicles. It was designed during the cold war. It can carry a lot of weight and can carry more than ten different warheads.
Country: Russia, Manufacturer: Yuzhnoye, Unit Cost: $6 Million, Range: 12,200 to 16000 km, Accuracy: 220–700 m