DRDO successfully developed Man-Portable Anti Tank Guided Missile in the ranges of Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh. The missile system will be used by Army very soon, and it was the third series of successful testing of MPATGM. Rajnath Singh congratulated DRDO for the successful test of the missile.
What is MPATGM Test?
According to reports the missile launched from a man-portable Tripod launcher and the target was mimicking a functional tank. The missile hit the target in top attack mode and destroyed it. A state-of-the-art infrared imaging seeker along with advanced avionics, was used to launch the missile. The results of the test smooth the way for the Army to develop the next generation man-portable anti-tank guided missile.
What do we know about MPATGM?
1) The MPATGM is an indigenous missile which is based on the fire-and-forget system
2) DRDO develops it in partnership with Bharat Dynamics Limited
3) It is low weight (approx 14.5 kg) with command launch unit weight 14.25 kg
4) It can hit a target up to 2.5 km
5) India started working on MPATGM in 2005
What is the list of Anti Tank guided missile?
1) DRDO Anti Tank Missile
2) Amogha missile
3) Nag missile
4) Man-Portable Anti-tank Guided Missile (MPATGM)