Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in collaboration with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs introduced the RGNF( Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship) scheme for scheduled caste and scheduled Tribe students. This scholarship is for those students who wish to pursue higher studies. They can get the benefit under this scholarship for pursuing full time and regular M.Phil and Ph.D. degrees.
What are the benefits under the RGNF scholarship?
For SC the no is 2000
For ST the no is 667
How much amount allotted for each category?
1) For Humanities, Social Science, and Science – ₹ 16,000 per month for two years. After two years, this amount is increased to ₹18,000 per month.
2) Contingency ‘A’ (for Humanities, and Social Science) – ₹10,000 per annum for the initial two years. Afterward, it is increased to ₹20,500.
3) Contingency ‘B’ (for Science, Technology, and Engineering) – ₹12,000 per annum for the initial two years. Afterward, it is increased to ₹25,000.
4) HRA (Housing Rest Allowances) will be given to all beneficiaries as per the rules.
5) For students of all subjects, ₹3000 per annum will be given to the host institution for infrastructure expenses.
6) Blind students or PwD students will be given ₹2000 per month for availing reader/ escort assistance.
What are the eligibility conditions under RGNF?
1) A candidate must be SC/ST
2) He or She should have completed Postgraduation
3) A candidate should get admission in the M.Phil or Ph.D. program
How to Apply for getting RGNF scholarship?
1) At first, open the official website of UGC www.ugc.ac.in
2) Then look for “e-SARTS Scholarship Fellowships” link on the right side of the homepage
3) After that click on the “Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC Candidate” link
4) Next, you will be prompted with a notification just read that carefully
5) Once read click on the “Apply Now” button
6) The application form page will open fill all the necessary details and attach the prescribed documents
7) Finally, click SUBMIT button to submit the application