With the increase in environmental pollution across the globe has led to various research and development open a new discipline called Environmental Engineering. Environmental engineers apply combined methods of science and engineering to improve the environment so that people have access to healthy water, air, and land suitable for human existence. In the last couple of decades, Environmental Engineering professionals are recruited by companies working in the chemical, geological, petroleum, and mining sectors.
What is the educational qualification needed to do Environmental Engineering?
Environmental Engineering course is available at the undergraduate level, postgraduate level, and research level. B.Sc in environmental science has a duration of 3 years, and M.Sc has a period of 2 years. A science candidate with 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology can apply for B.Sc in Environmental Engineering.
What would be the cost of the Environmental Engineering course?
B Tech in environmental engineering costs more than Rs 3 lakhs. The fee is inclusive of hostel and library charges. Some private colleges can charge more for the course. Similarly, M Tech in environmental engineering can cost more than Rs 2 lakhs.
What is the Salary package of a professional from Environmental Engineering?
Engineering working with State Pollution Control Board can get a salary from Rs 15,000 to Rs 30,000. Candidates with M Tech can earn from Rs 35,000 to Rs 50,000. Research professionals can make in this field from Rs 50,000 to Rs 75,000
What are the different positions you can hold in Environmental Engineering?
1) Agricultural engineers
3) Chemical engineers
5) Civil engineers
7) Geography experts
10) Public health experts
11) Solid waste management professionals
12) Water treatment technicians
13) Wastewater treatment technicians
14) Hazardous waste management professionals
2) Privi Organics Limited
4) UEM GROUP
5) Kalpan Hydro Company
6) Goodrich Corporation
7) SPML Infra Limited
8) Brunel India Pvt Ltd
9) The Indure Private Limited
10) Sima Labs Pvt Ltd
11) IDS Group
12) Dresser-Rand India Pvt Ltd
What are the top Institutes for different courses in Environmental Engineering?
For B.Sc in Environmental Science
1) South Gujrat University, Surat
2) University of Delhi
3) Berhampur University
4) Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
5) University of Mysore
6) University of Pune
For B Tech in Environmental Engineering
1) P.E.S. College of Engineering, Mandya
2) Delhi College of Engineering, New Delhi
3) Gujarat University, L.D. College of Engineering, Ahmedabad
4) Visveswariah Technological University, AIT, Chikmagalur
For M Tech in Environmental Engineering
1) Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Indore (MP)
2) UP Technical University (Instt of Engg & Tech) Lucknow
3) Visveswariah Technological University, AIT, Chikmagalur-577102
4) Thapar Inst of Engg & Technology, Patiala
5) IIT, Delhi, Kanpur, Kharagpur, and Madras
6) Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi