Mining engineering deals with designing safe and efficient mines for removing coal and metals. Mining engineering provides specialization in a particular mineral or metal such as iron or coal. Mining safety engineers implement best practices, conduct mine, and equipment inspections, monitor air quality, and ensure all safety regulations.
What is the eligibility criteria required for Mining Engineering?
The students who have appeared in the 12th examination are allowed to apply for the B Tech course. Candidates should pass BE/B Tech (Civil/Mining/Agricultural Engineering/EEE/ECE/CSE) are eligible for the course.
What are the Entrance exams for Mining Engineering?
1) IIT Joint Entrance Examination: It is the examination conducted for IIT aspirants every year across India
2) JEE Main: This exam is conducted in December and January
3) JEE Advanced: It is the exam for IIT aspirants and Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
What are the other entrance exams for most of the institutions?
1) AIEEE: All India Engineering Entrance Examination
2) AICET: All India Common Entrance Test
3) AMIE: Associate Membership of Institutions of Engineers
4) DCE CEE: Delhi College of Engineering Combined Entrance Exam
5) NERIST: North Eastern Region Institute of Science and Technology
6) BITSAT: Birla Institute of Science and Technology Entrance Exam
Mining Engineering Subjects and Syllabus
2) Mineral Processing
4) Geotechnical Engineering
6) Minerals Processing
7) Ore Reserve Analysis
8) Rock Mechanics
9) Mine Planning
11) Industrial Management
12) Materials Handling
13) Drilling and Blasting
14) Design of Engineering Structures
15) Environmental aspects of mining
16) Mine Health and Safety
What are the top Mining Engineering Colleges in India?
1) IIT, Kharagpur
2) NIT, Rourkela
3) The Neotia College, Kolkata
4) Chandigarh University
5) BITS, Hyderabad
6) ISM, Dhanbad
7) IT BHU Varanasi
8) NITK Surathkal
9) VNIT Nagpur
10) Anna University, Tamil Nadu
11) NIT Raipur
12) IIEST, Shibpur (Earlier BESU)
13) BIT Sindri
14) MBM Engineering College, Jodhpur
15) Government Engineering College, Gandhinagar
16) Government Engineering College, Bilaspur
What are the different Mining Engineering Recruiters in India?
1) Coal India Limited
2) Arcelor Mittal
3) Damodar Valley Corporation
4) MMTC Limited
5) Adani Mining Pvt. Ltd.
6) Cairn Energy
7) Essel Mining & Industries Ltd
8) Neyveli Lignite Corporation
10) Hindustan Zinc Limited
11) The Indian Bureau of Mines
12) Geological Survey of India
13) Coal India Ltd
Salary: A fresher gets Rs 3.5 to Rs 4.6 lakh per annum in India. The salary will increase time to time according to experience