Events and Celebrations are an integral part of our life. We celebrate Birthday, social gatherings, engagements, and weddings are events at a personal level. Event Management is a multifaceted activity. To work in this profile, you have to need creativity, meticulous planning, relationship management, advertising, and marketing.
What are the essential skills required for Event Management?
1) Public Relations: To manage clients, their agents, you have to meet in the line of your profession
2) Creativity: From the creation of an occasion to its final event
3) Marketing skills: To sell your idea to clients to make the events memorable
4) Analytical ability: You must have a strong analytical ability to solve any problems
5) Organizational skills: To carefully plan for the entire team
6) Networking skills: You must have the ability to utilize the network in a proper way
7) Management skills: You can manage time, stress, clients, risks, situations and so on
How much it cost me if I would choose Event Management profession?
A Post-Graduate Diploma in Advertising, Media and Events from the National Institute of Event Management, Mumbai costs around Rs 1,25,000 approximately. Whereas the Post-Graduate Diploma in Event Management costs up to Rs 55,000 and the fees for a Diploma in Event Management is around Rs 40,000
Job Prospect: There are plenty of jobs in this industry. The event management industry has continued to grow in leaps and bounds. Also, there are ample of events such as weddings, birthday parties, talent hunt, and reality shows, fashion and cultural shows, academic and sports meets, religious functions, corporate events, conferences and so on.
Salary Package: The pay package in this industry varies according to your role and responsibility. As a fresher in this industry, you can easily bag a cheque of Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000 per month.
What are the Positives and Negatives side for Event Management?
1) Positives: You get numerous opportunities in your life. You can grab the chance to meet sportspersons, politicians, corporates, and stars
You have the satisfaction of handling grand events
You get the thrill of organizing and managing events from start to execution
2) Negatives: You may have to face endless hours of work to meet your deadlines
You have to cope up with immense work pressure
Other than long working hours the schedule can frequently be erratic
What are the different departments and different roles for Event Management?
1) Public Relations
2) Promotion and Marketing Department
3) Brand Development
4) Designing team
5) Administration Department
6) Production Department
7) Printing Department
What are the companies involved in Event Management?
1) Cineyug Entertainment
2) Cox and Kings
3) DNA Networks Pvt Ltd.
6) Percept D Mark
8) Sita Conferences
9) Tafcon Group
10) TCI Consultancy Services and ‘e’ Events
11) Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt Ltd.
12) 360 Degrees
13) Top-notch media and production houses