Architects are the real creators of amazing buildings, structures, etc. Architecture has changed rapidly in the last couple of decades. Nowadays, students from various social backgrounds, disciplines, and streams come to join Architecture colleges. The career in Architecture is attractive, high paying, and lots of potential in terms of growth.
Qualification: Most of the Architecture colleges in India offer a course in Architecture at the undergraduate level with Mathematics at 10+2 level. During the time of graduation, candidates can do an internship program either with some practicing architects or with an architecture firm to gain practical experience for better job opportunities
What would be the course fee for Architecture?
Various private and government colleges and universities in India offer B Arch for four years. The government-aided institutes or colleges charge from the students in the range of Rs 1,60,000 to Rs 2,30,000 whereas private institutes charge in the field of Rs 2,00,000 to Rs 3,50,000. The fee does not include hostel charges, library fees, etc.
What are the Job prospects from the Architecture profession?
Most of the jobs in architecture come up in government organization such as the Public Works Department, the Archaeological Department of India, Ministry of Defense, National Building Organization, Town and Country Planning Organization, National Institute of Urban Affairs, Departments of Railways, Post and Telegraphs, Public Sector Undertakings, Housing and Urban Development Corporation, National Building Construction Corporation Ltd, etc.
Some other organizations like State Departments, Housing Boards, Local Bodies, for construction works, Builders, Architecture Firms, Consultants, etc
What is the Salary package for Architecture?
The starting salary for an Architect can be in the range of Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000. Candidates with work experience of more than five years can get a salary in the field of Rs 50,000 to Rs 60,000.
What are the different roles and different names of an Architecture?
1) Architect: An architect has got training from an architecture institute on the planning, design, and oversight of the construction of buildings. An architect either can work independently or for some architecture company or real estate developing firm
2) Architecture Designer: Architecture designers are the professionals involved in designing houses and other small buildings. Architecture designers perform various jobs such as designing buildings, designing light-frame buildings including of family homes, agricultural buildings, etc.
3) Architecture Engineer: These professionals have a dual qualification of architect and civil engineer. These professionals have attractive demand in the job market.
4) Interior Designer: The trained professionals can work with interior designing firms offering services in home interior, bedroom interior, bathroom interior, kitchen, furniture designing, etc
What are the different Institutes involved in Architecture?
1) School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi
2) Punjab University, Chandigarh College of Architecture
3) School of Architecture CEPT, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad
4) Lucknow University, Govt. College of Architecture, Lucknow
5) Goa University, College of Architecture
6) The University of Mumbai, Sir J J College of Architecture
7) Indian Education Society’s College of Architecture, Mumbai
8) Pune University, Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Architecture, Pune
9) Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, School of Planning & Architecture, Hyderabad
10) Kerala University, College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram
11) Anna University, School of Architecture & Planning, Chennai