Unlike the B Tech or BE course in Computer Science Engineering or Information Technology students aspiring for BCA course do not need to have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in 12th examination. Students from the fields of Arts and Commerce are equally eligible for joining the course.
Here primarily I am discussing the BCA entrance test, course specialization, Top colleges in India for BCA course. Then I will discuss what to do in the future after BCA, career Prospects, etc
BCA Entrance Exams: BCA entrance exam is generally an objective type question, and its syllabus is based on class 12th subjects. Some of the famous universities and their entrance tests are:
1) Indira Gandhi National Open University
2) Symbiosis University
3) Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
4) Banaras Hindu University
5) Panjabi University
6) Christ University, Bangalore
Some of the popular BCA Entrance exams are as follows:
1) CET BCA
2) AIMA UGAT
3) KIITEE BCA
4) LUCSAT BCA
BCA Specialized stream:
1) Computer Graphics
2) Internet Technologies
3) Accounting Applications
5) Music and Video Processing
6) Personal Information Management
7) Programming Languages
8) Database Management
9) Systems Analysis
10) Word Processing
What are the top colleges in India of BCA program?
1) Christ University, Bangalore
2) Department of Computer Applications, SRM University, Chennai
3) Institute of Management Studies, Noida
4) Madras Christian College, Chennai
5) Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
6) Presidency College, Bengaluru
7) University College-Kurukshetra, Kurukshetra
8) Symbiosis Institute of Computer Science and Research
9) St Joseph’s College, Bangalore
After completing BCA course, candidates commonly worry about the future as usual common to other courses. I am trying to give you the information about what to do in the future? Or what should be done in the future?
1) MCA: It is prevalent for the students of BCA; the next step is to go for MCA. It is a postgraduate level course in computer application. To get sure admission, you have to appear for MCA entrance exams
2) MBA: Another popular course option after completing BCA is to go for an MBA to earn a management degree. Lots of BCA students take up an MBA course after their graduation.
3) CCNP or CCNA Certifications: A Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is an IT professional who has achieved a professional level of Cisco career certification. It is the best for Network Operations Specialist, Network Administrators & Engineers. There are six areas of the professional certifications namely CCNP Cloud, CCNP Collaboration, CCNP Data Centre, CCNP Routing and Switching, CCNP Security, CCNP Service Provider, CCNP Wireless
1) Private companies: After successful completion of the BCA course, students can easily find out lucrative job opportunities in leading IT companies like Oracle, IBM, Infosys, and Wipro. You can hold posts such as System Engineer, Software Tester, Junior Programmer, Web developer, System Administrator, Software developer, etc
2) Government Sector: BCA graduates also have an excellent opportunity in public sector organizations like the Indian Air Force, Indian Army, and Indian Navy for their IT department.
Some popular job profiles for a BCA graduate are
1) System Engineer: A system engineer develops, tests, and evaluates software, circuits, and personal computer
2) Programmer in various software development firms: A programmer is primarily working in the computer language such as Assembly, COBOL, C, C++, C#, Java, Python, etc
4) Software developer: A Software developer has to develop software and maintenance. A software developer also installs test and maintains the software.